2019 Up coming events
- 17th September 2019, 11:00 am. A Demonstration led by three Masters of the Ohara School, Shoko Holness, Jeddi Bassan, Ruriko Kojima. They will present a two-hour show of wonderful arrangements and give their personal insights into the art of Ikebana. It’s going to be an event not to miss. At Farm Street Church Hall, 114 Mount Street, Mayfair,W1K 3AH.
- 10 April 2019, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Ikebana Journey Through Japanese Printing Techniques, a talk by Sophie Layton, Artist Printmaker, at Farm Street Church hall, 114 Mount Street, Mayfair, W1K 3AH
- 15 May 2019, 12:00 pm – 6:30 pm. Ikebana International London Chapter, Floral Exhibtion: Japan on The Hill, our annual exhibition, at St. John’s Church, Landsdown Crescent, Notting Hill, W11 2NN
- 24 May 2019, 12:00 pm – 5:00 p,m and 25 May, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Ohara School: Exhibition & Demonstration, The Art of Japanese Flower Arrangement, One Hoes Street, Walthamstow E17 4SD
2019 Past Events
- Our New Years lunch was held on Tuesday January 15th 2019 at Cube, a contemporary Japanese restaurant off Bond Street.
Who we are
Welcome to the London Chapter of Ikebana International, a non profit organisation to promote Ikebana, the Japanese Art of Flower Arranging, and related arts and cultural activities.
Each year we run a programme of demonstrations, an annual exhibition and workshop by different Ikebana schools so you can appreciate and learn more about the beauty and practice of Ikebana.
We are not a teaching organisation though our teachers page gives you contact details of teachers and their schools if you wish to take lessons, or to find out more about events run by individual ikebana schools.
Belinda Jelf President firstname.lastname@example.org
Marjatta Akhurst Treasurer
Sue Pryke Japan Liaison
Irene Moore Event Coordinator
Anne Campbell Photography
Gareth Easter-Shaw Publicity